Long Island University
Long Island University (LIU) was founded on the principle of educating and empowering men and women from all walks of life. LIU was founded in 1926 in Brooklyn, N.Y. Over the course of nine decades of academic excellence, LIU has become one of America’s largest comprehensive private universities, offering more than 500 academic programs across multiple campuses spanning the New York metropolitan area, overseas, and online.
Located in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn.
In addition to university-wide accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, our schools, colleges, and individual degree programs are recognized by many specialized accreditation boards, including the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, the American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
Why Long Island University?
- The institution provides enrichment for students and the community through world-class arts programming at Tilles Center for the Performing Arts, Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts, and the nationally renowned George Polk Awards in journalism.
- One of the nation’s largest comprehensive private universities.
- As the only university in Brooklyn offering a broad diversity of award-winning programs in the liberal and fine arts, health professions, business, pharmacy, education.
- Ranked the safest campus in New York City and No. 3 in the U.S. (The Daily Beast).
- Innovative scientific and medical research, diverse experiential learning opportunities, and our new Entrepreneurship Lab are just a few of the ways we are fostering the entrepreneurial spirit.
For a more comprehensive up-to date list of courses and information, please feel free to contact us