Loyalist College was founded in 1967 as part of a provincial initiative to create many such institutions to provide career-oriented diploma and certificate courses, as well as continuing education programs to Ontario communities. The name of the college reflects the area’s original settlement by United Empire Loyalists. This College is situated approximately two hours east of Toronto in Loyalist’s beautifully wooded 200-acre campus lies within easy reach of housing, shopping, dining and entertainment of all kinds. As a publicly funded post-secondary institution, we provide career-oriented, relevant programs, an outstanding faculty and staff, state-of-the-art facilities and a full range of services to support your success. All of our diploma, post-graduate, certificate and degree pathway programs meet the high educational standards required by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities within the Government of Ontario and are recognized around the world.
It is located in Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
Loyalist College offers international students the ideal combination of academic excellence, extra-curricular activities and intercultural experiences. With approximately 3,000 students enrolled in more than 60 programs, Loyalist is small enough to provide personal, friendly and caring attention to all of our students.
Why choose Loyalist College
- When it comes to graduates getting jobs, Loyalist is the #1 College in Ontario
- Personal, friendly College 2-hours east of Toronto
- Small class sizes
- Residence on-campus as well as many off-campus housing options
- International student scholarships
- Programs starting in September and January
- University transfer agreements (diploma at Loyalist to degree at a partner university)
- Placement opportunities as well as applied learning opportunities
- Fast-track options – finish your diploma faster!
- Opportunities to work on and off campus