Widener University is a private, coeducational university nationally-recognized, where academics, leadership, and service matter. Founded in 1821, Widener is among the nation’s top universities for civic engagement.
Widener University is located in Chester, Pennsylvania. Its main campus sits on 108 acres, just 14 miles (23 km) southwest of Philadelphia. The university has three other campuses: two in Pennsylvania (Harrisburg and Exton) and one in Wilmington, Delaware.
- In 2010, Washington Monthly magazine ranked Widener 56th out of all national universities in the country.
- In 2013, Widener was named a finalist for the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll Presidential award – one of only 14 institutions in the nation to receive that honor. The university has made the honor roll every year since its inception in 2006.
- The 2012 Best Colleges list from U. S. News and World Report ranked Widener 181st among national universities.
- Widener’s undergraduate engineering program is also ranked 79th among all programs whose highest engineering degree is a bachelor’s or master’s.
- Ranked 9th in service among all national universities (Washington Monthly College Guide)
- 96% of Widener graduates are either employed or enrolled in graduate study
- 12:1 student to faculty ratio
- 1000+ Widener alumni are CEOs or presidents of organizations
- For a more comprehensive up-to date list of courses and information, please feel free to contact us