Overview of Kingston university
Kingston University is one of the most diverse and multicultural universities – and one of the top for graduate start-up businesses. It provides modern resources and cutting-edge facilities and is located in one of the safest boroughs in London.
Kingston University is based in Kingston upon Thames, a busy riverside town on the borders of London and Surrey.
Kingston also provides students with an innovative learning experience from teachers who are experts in their fields. It places emphasis on preparing students for their future career, and many of its courses offer students the opportunity of professional work experience during their degree.
Boasting a diverse mix of backgrounds on campus, Kingston provides a welcoming environment for international students as soon as they arrive through a detailed orientation and welcome programme. There are over 17,500 studentsfrom more than 140 different countries featured at Kingston.
Based in the London Borough of Kingston and just 30 minutes away from Central London, the institution is the perfect base from which to explore London and the rest of the UK. Rated as one of the safest boroughs in London (Metropolitan Police) and the second happiest place to live in the capital (Rightmove), students can trust that they will enjoy their time away from lectures.
Students at Kingston are given all the support they need for successful entry into the job market. This is evidenced by the fact that it is the number one higher education institution in the UK for producing the most graduate business start-ups.
Summary of Kingston University
|LOCATION||River House, 53-57 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1LQ, United Kingdom|
|PERCENTAGE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||36%
4,380 international students in 2016–17
|POPULAR COURSES||Sport science,
Fashion and design
They Feature in the top 10 UK nationally and also lead the listings for London
PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON COURSE
Ranking of Kingston University
Kingston University has soared 23 places in the Guardian University Guide league tables, coming in at joint 58th position in the newly released rankings for 2019.
The University’s performance puts it in High Profile Company. It shares the 58th spot with four other institutions.
- 58th in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- 67th in the Times Higher Education University Guide 2018
- Winners of the Guardian University Award for Teaching Excellence 2017
- Top 200 in the world in Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018
- Number One in the world for MBA graduate start-ups (QS TopMBA.com)
- Ranked #1 in London for Journalism, Sports Science and Pharmacy (Guardian, 2019)
- Ranked #2 for Design & Crafts, #6 for Fashion, #9 for Architecture (Guardian, 2019)
- 95% of our graduates are in work or further study within six months of graduating (HESA 2015/16)
Halls of Residence at Kingston University
We have a total of 2,440 rooms available in our halls of residence – each of which has a different feel. Most rooms have en-suite facilities, we have a number of self-contained studios and the remainder of rooms share bathrooms with the other students in the flat.
Living in halls is a great way to get to know other people and can be great fun – you will be living with students from a variety of backgrounds and cultures on different courses in mixed-gender flats.
The halls are linked to the main University campuses by a free intersite bus service that also serves Kingston town centre and Surbiton station. Permits for car parking are available at our hall sites (except 75 Penrhyn Road) and there are also secure cycle racks and / or sheds.
At Kingston you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation for all new full-time undergraduate students and first year international postgraduate students for the September intake.
- Kingston guarantees an offer of accommodation for all new full-time international undergraduate students and first-year international postgraduate students.
- International students are allocated flats evenly across the university’s accommodation, and are mixed regardless of course, gender and nationality.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Please refer to the University website for further details.
Location of Kingston University
Kingston University is based in Kingston upon Thames, a busy riverside town on the borders of London and Surrey. Kingston is a vibrant area on the River Thames in south-west London, only 30 minutes away from central London.
Kingston is consistently rated the safest London borough (Metropolitan Police) as well as the second happiest place to live in London (Rightmove).
With so much to offer its residents, Kingston University is the ideal location for studying and living. It’s also close to both of London’s main international airports.
The University has five campuses, each with specific subjects associated with it. Kingston Hill, Penrhyn Road, Knights Park, and Roehampton Vale campuses are in or around the Kingston town centre. St George’s medical campus is also in London and within easy reach of Kingston.
Some of Kingston’s alumni are mentioned below:
- Ben Barnes (Actor)
- Eric Clapton (Guitarist)
- Fiona Banner (Artist)
- Ratheesan Yoganathan (Businessman, chairman of Lebara Group)