Summary of Lancaster University
|LOCATION||Bailrigg, Lancaster LA1 4YW, United Kingdom|
|PERCENTAGE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||39% PERCENT OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.|
PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON COURSE
Overview of Lancaster University
Lancaster University is a collegiate university in the UK city of Lancaster and is home to over 3,000 international students from around the world; students can expect support and empowerment form the moment they begin to consider Lancaster. Support is offered with visa and immigration information, a meet and greet service on arrival in the UK, and even advice on work and money. Pre-sessional and foundation programmes can help improve langauge proficiency and offer academic skills training.
Lancaster is a public research university located in Lancaster, Lancashire, and has been named the overall University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. The University is proud of its international community, and aims to offer all students a global experience during their time there, with students coming from over 100 countries around the world.
Lancaster students benefit from studying on a state-of-the-art campus, where facilities were ranked in the top ten in the Times Higher Student Experience Survey 2018.
Students are taught by dedicated teaching staff, who have been recognised for their high-quality teaching through the Teaching Excellence Framework Gold award, 2017. Students also have access to a careers centre, which offers help with everything from applying for a job to writing a stand-out cover letter and CV. There are also regular careers events and workshops throughout the year, and the option of chatting to a careers advisor for some one-on-one advice. Following graduation, 97% of students go on to find work three and a half years after leaving their course.
Ranking of Lancaster University
- 6th in the Times University Guide 2019
- 9th in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- 131st in the QS World University Rankings 2019
Lancaster University has been named the overall University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
Accommodation at Lancaster University
We have a range of accommodation options available including en-suites, studio flats and townhouses, all located on campus within easy walking distance of laundry facilities, the Porters’ Lodge, social space and the Herdwick bar.
Lancaster University accommodation has been rated as the UK’s Best University Halls six times since 2010 in the annual National Student Housing Survey.
- Lancaster University guarantees a room on campus to all students during the first year providing they firmly accept the Lancaster offer before the relevant deadline, and apply for accommodation by the specified date.
- The award-winning accommodation includes a wide range of room types. Most residences are self-catering but there are a small number of catered accommodation options, and Internet access is provided.
- International students are spread throughout the halls of residence, rather than clustered together, helping students make British friends along with friends from all over the world.
- Accommodation is located on campus, so lecture theatres, the library, coffee shops and restaurants are all only a short walk away.
- Accommodation contracts are usually for a minimum of 40 weeks; a small number of catered rooms are let on a 36 week contract.
Location of Lancaster University
Lancaster University lies approximately 3 miles south of the City of Lancaster. The campus is easily accessible by all means of travel and is within 70 miles of Manchester’s International Airport.
Lancaster is set across 360 acres of parkland in the north west of England, just three miles from Lancaster City Centre. The campus is easily accessible and Lancaster is connected to Manchester International Airport by a one-hour rail link. There are also direct rail links between Lancaster and London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Oxford and major cities in Scotland. London is three hours away by train.