The University Of Law
Overview of the University of Law
The University of Law is a leading professional law school based in the UK. It is the country’s longest-established specialist provider of legal education and training, providing students with unrivalled contacts within the legal profession. The courses offered are designed and taught by qualified lawyers, who have excellent experience. It’s academically challenging, but set in a real-world context from the start, so that students can best understand how the law is applied in practice. No other law school can match its reputation and commitment to preparing future lawyers for the modern world of law.
Whether your ambition is to work as a lawyer or in wider business, studying at The University of Law will ensure you’ll get the best possible start to your career. Ranked 1st for Student Satisfaction in the 2016 National Student Survey with an amazing 97% satisfaction rate, you’ll be taught in small groups by professionally qualified tutors with real commercial experience and a passion both for law and teaching.
We’re the UK’s longest established law school with nine locations nationwide and an award winning Careers and Employability Service. We offer business focused undergraduate, postgraduate and professional development courses designed with an emphasis on building the practical skills that today’s employers are looking for.
As a a University of Law student, you will have access to one of the country’s largest and most varied pro bono programme with over 2,900 opportunities to put your legal skills into practice. Not to mention one of the UK’s largest legal mentoring programmes,
As a a University of Law student, you will have access to one of the country’s largest and most varied pro bono programme with over 2,900 opportunities to put your legal skills into practice. Not to mention one of the UK’s largest legal mentoring programmes, with the support of 550 practising lawyers. Our record speaks for itself, 97% of your full-time 2014 and 2015 LPC students secured employment within nine months of graduation.
|LOCATION||The University of Law, Braboeuf Manor, Portsmouth Road, Guildford, Surrey , GU3 1HA|
|PERCENTAGE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||students from over 120 different nationalities throughout our campuses.|
|POPULAR COURSES||LLB Civil and English Law
LLB (Hons) Law with Criminal Justice
LLB (Hons) Law with Government
PRICES VARY DEPENDING ON COURSE
Accommodation at the University of Law
We have reserved accommodation for our students with some of the UK’s leading student accommodation providers, who pride themselves in ensuring you have a safe, comfortable place to live while you’re studying at The University of Law or our Business School. Not only that, but by staying in University-nominated accommodation you’ll get to meet students studying at universities across the city, as well as live with your fellow undergraduate students.
Representatives from accommodation providers will usually be available for you to speak to at our open days, where you’ll be able to get more information about living in student accommodation. Book your open day now to find out more.
- Accommodation is guaranteed to first year undergraduate students who make The University of Law their firm choice and confirm they want accommodation by the specified deadline in the year they are looking to start their LLB.
- If students apply after the deadline, the university will still provide support to help them find suitable accommodation.
- There is reserved accommodation with some of the UK’s leading student accommodation providers, ensuring students have a safe, comfortable place to live. Students staying in university-nominated accommodation get to mix with residents at universities across the city, as well as their fellow ULaw students.
Library Facilities at University of Law
- Library teams provide a range of face-to-face and online support services to help students develop research skills to their full potential.
- Online resources include leading legal and business databases, with access to over 20,000 e-books. These resources are available on and off campus so students can find what they want, when they need it.
- With a team of over 30 experts, The University of Law has one of the largest legal careers and employability services in the UK.
- The wide range of activities and services includes help with applications, CVs, covering letters, interview skills and techniques, along with one-to-one advice and guidance with professionally qualified, experienced careers advisors, whether face-to-face, by telephone or email/ Skype.
- Practical skills development sessions are built into the curriculum. The Student Employability Programme (StEP) is the university’s specialist online legal careers programme. A large and varied pro bono programme has up to 3,500 opportunities to gain exposure to life as a lawyer.
- Talks, guest lectures and networking sessions, from a range of employers and professional bodies.
- JobSearch database with over 3,000 opportunities.
- Sadiq Khan – Mayor of London, former UK Minister of Transport and Community.
- Baroness Sayeedi Warsi – former Co-Chairman of the Conservative Party.
- Keith Vaz – MP for Leicester East.
- Cherie Blair, CBE QC – Barrister.
- Graham Francis Defries, QC – Lawyer and cartoonist.
- Sylvia Hermon – MP for North Down.
- Bryan Ian Le Marquand – Minister for Home Affairs for States of Jersey and former magistrate.
- Baron John Widgery, Kt OBE TD PC QC – Judge and former Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
- Caroline Kennedy – Associate General Counsel, Facebook.
- Mariam Munang – Associate Legal Officer, United Nations.