University of Northampton
At the University of Northampton, we do things a bit differently. We put you at the centre of your own learning by giving you more opportunity to ask questions, delve deeper into your subject, and ultimately give you the experience that will benefit you after you graduate.
Gaining University status in 2005, we are a modern University, focussed on high quality teaching and preparation for work. We work across four faculties consisting of Business and Law, Health and Society, Education and Humanities and Arts, Science and Technology. We offer programmes at Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PHD level. We also offer academic English language classes. Our 14,000 students including over 1,000 international students join us from around 100 different countries.
Our mission is to transform lives and inspire change. We aim to ensure that our students have a rewarding and enjoyable experience that equips them to secure the roles they deserve with the skills to shape their future. This is demonstrated in the unique opportunities we can provide to our students:
- Our brand new Waterside campus opened in September 2018. Our innovative teaching and learning style delivers closer and more meaningful interaction between students and staff. Students spend more time in one-to-one and small group discussions, supported by technology-enabled learning. It is an incredible environment for you to live and learn, just a few minutes’ walk from our town centre.
- We’re one of the best teaching universities in the UK. We were awarded Gold in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), placing us in an elite group of only 42 higher education institutions in the UK to be given the highest possible rating.
- Our commitment to social innovation and impact meant we were the first university in the UK to be named as a prestigious ‘Changemaker Campus’ which recognises our commitment to developing tomorrow’s future social entrepreneurs.
- We offer value for money including generous scholarships to support the cost of study. This includes our International Scholarship Scheme, which is a merit-based award that provides up to a 30% reduction in tuition fees.* Every student is also given free membership to all University clubs and societies (the first UK University to do so).
- We are focused on life-long employability and enterprise, from courses that offer placement years to our Changemaker Hub, which delivers employment and entrepreneurial coaching to students and alumni. We have an enviable record of employability – 95% or above for the past 10 years!
- …And we’re accessible! – Our central location (50 minutes’ train journey from central London) offers excellent travel connections across the UK but cheaper living costs!