Established in 1974, Deakin was Victoria’s fourth university and the first in regional Victoria. Over the years the highly ranked education provider has become a force with not only in Australia but also in the global arena. Deakin has over 50,000 students pursuing undergraduate, masters and post graduate programs offered in its various faculties, including medicine. Well-established Deakin pathways provide alternative entry options for getting into university if you do not meet the requirements for entry.
In 2014 Deakin university was proud to be in the top 3 per cent of universities across all three of the major international university ranking systems (the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings), assessed from 17 000 universities worldwide. Notable rankings include:
- Placed in the Top 50 universities under 50 years of age – QS World University Rankings 2014
- Named International Education Provider of the Year, and won awards for Excellence in Education (University) and Excellence in International Education (Student Employability and Careers) at the Victorian International Education Awards 2014
- 5 stars out of 5 for student retention and overall satisfaction – The Good Universities Guide
Deakin has four campuses throughout Victoria; Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool. Each location provides a unique study experience and gives our students access to the latest tools and technologies such as the Deakin Motion Lab and the Geelong Technology Precinct. Regional and outer metropolitan residents can also benefit from the Deakin learning centers. For fun students can enjoy the numerous beaches, water sports and also explore museums and shopping malls around victoria
Why Deakin university?
- Flexible learning to suit you-With a number of subjects and courses offered through the innovative cloud (online) platform, you can learn when and wherever you need to.
- Convenient locations and modern facilities-Each location provides a unique study experience and gives our students access to the latest tools and technologies
- University maintains close industry relationships so that everything you learn is modern and relevant to your future career.
- Study abroad opportunities available to all the students. Deakin has over 100 partner universities in more than 40 countries around the world.
- A wide range of on and off campus accommodation options available for all Deakin campuses
- High work placement for graduates: 95.2 per cent of those surveyed in the 2012 Beyond Graduation Survey were employed full-time three years after graduating.
For more information visit the following link http://www.deakin.edu.au/study-at-deakin/