The university was founded by the Hüsnü M. Özyeğin Foundation, and its establishment was approved by Foundation Act No 5656 published in the Official Gazette No 26526 on May 18, 2007. Özyeğin University admitted its first class of students to the department of Business Administration and started its education in September, 2008.
According to the “Most Popular Universities” survey conducted by Bloomberg Business Week in 2014, Ozyegin University ranked 3rd among foundation universities, following Sabancı and Koc Universities, respectively. Özyeğin University was also placed 4th among all universities in the online survey conducted with 15.700 students from 89 universities between January and May 2014. Özyeğin University ranked 6th among the Most Entrepreneurial and Innovative Universities of Turkey and rose in the ranking compared to 2013.
When you choose Özyeğin University, you are choosing a university which is founded on the leading values which are freedom, flexibility, multidimensional and accessibility. This comes to life through the internationalization of student life and faculty make up. Students from more than 40 countries are represented within the student body.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Özyeğin University has been founded as a third generation “Entrepreneurial University” aiming to produce not only professionals and researchers, but also successful entrepreneurs. Özyeğin University has shaped its strategies with the belief that universities have an important responsibility to strengthen the Turkish entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- The First Undergraduateand Graduate Entrepreneurship Programs in Turkey
- Entrepreneurial Students:Özyeğin University supports the entrepreneurial ideas of its students and provides the necessary support to turn these ideas into real businesses.
- Startup Factory:Founded with the strategic partnership of Turkcell and opened in May 2011, the Startup Factory accommodates around 8 – 16 new businesses a year.
- In 2013, 3 of our faculty members established startup companies. This shows that our faculty’s research capacity is translated in innovation and entrepreneurial activities as well as R&D activities.
Applied Education Integrated with the Business World
- Sectorial Solutions:Özyeğin University offers a “Sectoral Solutions” program in line with its principle of providing applied education integrated with the business world. In Sectorial Solutions courses students are offered the unique chance of meeting leading executives from pioneering institutions and corporations in the business world.
- Internship Opportunities:Vast internship opportunities aim to prepare students as sought after graduates. In addition to the required internships, students are offered paid internship opportunities at different firms and those with distinctive academic performance are offered international internship opportunities and can benefit from Erasmus student placement as part of the LLP 2007-2013.
- Unique partnerships with leading institutions in their respective fields: Le Cordon Bleu, Swissotel Hotels & Resorts, The Marmara Collection Group, Deloitte Leadership Institute, and Turkcell.
- English Language Environment– All academic programs are offered in English with the following exceptions: Faculty of Law is in Turkish and Faculty of Architecture offers a program in English and the same program in Turkish.
- International exchange programsand internships abroad. A large part of our 3rd year students are embarking on an exchange at partner universities.
- Opportunity to study second foreign language
- Foreign faculty members, distinguished faculty members with international experience and academic degrees from reputable universities around the world, and international students.Our university aspires to have 25% of its faculty members and 15% of its full-time students from overseas. Currently, 41 countries are represented at ÖzÜ.
- According to the 2012 Interim Evaluation Report, Özyeğin University has ranked eleventh out of the top 50 Turkish institutions awarded with the highest number of grantswithin the scope of the European Commission’s 7th Framework Program
- The volume of sponsored researchat Özyeğin University has increased.
- In 2013, 18 new national project proposals; 14 international projects and 11 university –industry collaboration projects are selected for funding with a total budget of 9.4 Million Turkish Lira, doubling the total funding budget in 2012.
- Özyeğin University’s Research Centers:
- German Law Application and Research Center
- Center for Computational Finance
- Center for Energy, Environment and Economy
- Center for Entrepreneurship
Financially Accessible University
- Entry scholarships
- Academic merit scholarships for current students
- Sports scholarships