British University of Nicosia
The university belongs to the Özok Companies Group. Its rector is Hasan Ali Bıçak
The education in the university is modeled after the British educational system, with heavy English courses in the first year paralleling the foundation system in Britain. The university is, as of 2015, home to five faculties which offer various degree programs, these are:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Computer and Software Engineering
- Faculty of Economic, Administrative and Social Sciences
- Business Administration (in English)
- Business Administration (in Turkish)
- Civil Aviation Management (in English)
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Faculty of Educational Sciences
- Psychological Counselling and Guidance
- Special Education
- Faculty of Law (in Turkish)
- Faculty Of Health Sciences
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
The university is home to the Center of Innovation for Artificial Intelligence (CiAi), whose chief aim is to research into artificial intelligence, its real life applications and modelling artificial neural networks. The center has research projects into a number of areas and has developed a system to automatically identify the species of sea turtles called “Intelligent Machine Identification of Sea Turtles”.
The campus is located near the city of Kyrenia, in the Kazafani (Ozanköy) area, and consists of two buildings and a pool. The university is home to various student clubs and activities, such as dance, photography, theater, swimming and Model United Nations.
In its first educational year of 2014-15, the university had 377 students.