Eastern Mediterenian University
The Eastern Mediterranean University, located in Northern Cyprus, was established in 1979 as a higher-education institution of technology for Turkish Cypriots. In 1986, it was converted to a state university. The campus is located 10 km from the city of Famagusta.
Eastern Mediterranean University offers programs mainly in English, fully recognized by the Council of Higher Education in Turkey, on a campus stretching over an area of 2,200 acres. The University owns unprecedented campus facilities and has created a multicultural environment with more than 16,000 students from 85 countries and prominent faculty members from 35 different nations. Thanks to the modern understanding of education shared by all, students are brought up as creative and confident individuals who are thoroughly equipped with excellent research skills. The administration of Eastern Mediterranean University spent considerable time developing protocols for international collaboration and exchange programs, and was able to settle agreements with about 80 institutions of higher education throughout the world. A considerable number of programs have gained the accreditation of reputable international accreditation bodies such as ABET, AACSB, TEDQUAL, FIBAA, AQAS and ASIIN. EMU is also a full member of various prominent international organizations such as EUA, IAU, FUIW, EFMD, AACSB and CMU. As an international university with 11 faculties, 5 schools and the English Preparatory School, EMU is proud to have produced more than 40,000 graduates from different cultures and countries.
WHY THIS UNIVERSITY??
- It’s one of the top 3universities in Cyprus
- They are the only State University.
- They accredited by the Board of Engineering and Technology.
- They are accredited by the Agency of Quality Of Assurance through Accreditationsof study
- Accreditation Agent for Degree Programmes in Engineering, informatics, natural sciences and math’s
- EMU Architecture Department is Accredited by the Architecture Accreditation Board
- They have foundation of international business administration accreditations.
- They are recognized by the Turkish republic High Education Board
- They are recognized by the national information center of the UK
- They are recognized by the High Education Inspection & Evaluation Board