Memorial University of New Foundland
Memorial University of Newfoundland colloquially known as Memorial University or “MUN” is a comprehensive university. It is Canada’s largest university in Atlantic Canada.Memorial University of Newfoundland is a non-denominational university in St John’s. It began as Memorial University College (MUC), which opened in September, 1925
The college was established as a memorial to the Newfoundlanders who had lost their lives in active service during the First World War. It was later rededicated to also encompass the province’s war dead of the Second World War.
Memorial has more than 18,500 students spread across four campuses and nearly 85,000 alumni active throughout the world. From local endeavours to research projects of national concern, Memorial’s impact is felt far and wide.
In the 2007 Academic Ranking of World Universities published by The Institute of Higher Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, MUN placed in the fourth quintile category of the top 500 universities of the world.
- It has historical strengths in education, engineering, business, geology, and medicine
- It is one of the top comprehensive universities in Canada.
- It is a world ranked university
- It offers quality education
- Memorial University of Newfoundland is a member of the prestigious International Association of Universities
For a more comprehensive up-to-date list of courses and information, please feel free to contact us.