University of Bedfordshire
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education going back more than 100 years.
We nurture our students to become educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizens.
The University of Bedfordshire’s aim is to provide transformational opportunities through access to an excellent educational experience.
We create a vibrant multicultural learning community enabling people to transform their lives by participating in an excellent and innovative learning experience, through our curriculum, co-curriculum, extra curriculum, scholarship and research.
We have a duty to our students, staff and stakeholders, and aspire to fulfil our mission; in doing so we will be guided by these values:
- Access – we value diversity and have a student focus on all we do.
- Scholarship – we develop and maintain our knowledge of subjects and disciplines which we impart to our students through our teaching.
- Partnership – we believe in working in partnership with individuals and organisations to develop our students, to inform our applicable research and to make a difference to the communities of which we are a part.
- Innovation – we expect our work to be innovative as well as true and believe in continuous improvement, thereby enhancing the quality of all our activities.
- Respect – we have a concern for all our students and staff.
- Employability – we believe in empowering our students and preparing them for the world of work.
We support our students in all aspects of their life and encourage them to influence the education and services we provide.
- Superb facilities across all our subject areas
- Study skills development
- Career and job-seeking guidance
- Volunteer and work experience
- Health and wellbeing services
- Modern accommodation
- Personal tutors
Studying at the University of Bedfordshire
With campuses in Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury we welcome students of all ages and backgrounds.
- More than 24,000 students from over 100 countries
- International and multi-cultural learning communities
- Education partners in China, Middle East, Europe and South East Asia
- Opportunities to study overseas such as summer schools in China and Vietnam
92% of Bedfordshire students who graduated last year have found jobs or are in further study – the highest figure achieved by the University. (Destination of Leavers of Higher Education (DLHE)2013 survey).
DLHE 2013 also shows the number of Bedfordshire students who left the University last year and are now in graduate level employment – professional and managerial roles – increased, by over 8% to 73.5%.