University of Maine
The University of Maine offers a strong traditional education at an affordable price. The state’s land grant university and the flagship institution in the University of Maine System, Maine is one of New England’s premier universities. It helps students create success stories — with a wide variety of programs and opportunities — and we do so with world-class faculty members, nationally recognized research; first-rate facilities; a friendly, safe atmosphere .
Located in the town of Orono along the banks of the Stillwater River, a friendly, safe atmosphere; and easy access to some of the best year-round recreation sites in the nation. It is about 60 miles from the Atlantic coast and approximately 100 miles from the Canadian border.
- Eight consecutive years for University of Maine in Princeton Review and the Fiske Guide. “The Princeton Review’s Best 376 Colleges: 2012 Edition”
- It is the largest university in the state and is the only institution in Maine classified as a research university (RU/H) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
- It is one of only four institutions in Maine (along with Bowdoin, Bates, and Colby) accredited to award membership into the Phi Beta Kappahonor society.
- It is also home to the Maine Business School, the largest business school in Maine and among the best in the state.
- Maine has the largest library in the state.
- It has one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Honors programs, and now the Honors College.
- Their students enjoy hands-on research, even at the undergraduate level.
- Inspiring and dedicated teaching which propels students into new fields of learning and promotes interdisciplinary understanding.
- The International Year One combines English language support with academic coursework for a seamless transition into the second year of bachelor’s degree progress in Business or Engineering majors. The Pre-Master’s Program provides English language and study skill support for entry into a range of master’s degree programs.
- Business Pathway
- Engineering Pathway
- Pre-Master’s Program, including MBA
For a more comprehensive up-to date list of courses and information, please feel free to contact us